What The Color Of Your Vehicle Says About Your Personality

Do something!

What The Color Of Your Vehicle Says About Your Personality

Postby LadyDraco » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:53 pm

Just like a fingerprint or a snowflake, we are all one of a kind. That’s because we’re made up of many little things that say a lot about who we are.

Often, we think our preferences are totally arbitrary; we just happen to like a certain type of dessert, favor a particular dog breed, or feel most comfortable in a certain driving position.
While these things may seem meaningless, they actually unveil some pretty intimate things about who we truly are.
For instance, did you know that the color of your car reveals things about your personality? It can actually work as a “psychological shortcut” that expresses how we want the world to think about us.
Although other factors like trends, brands, and models can affect what color car we choose, we’re always going to lean towards a certain color and it always says something pretty interesting about us.

RED
Red is often the color chosen by those who have a zest for life. They are outgoing, aggressive, fun, and impulsive — or they’re someone who wants to be those things! If your car is red, you’re most likely ambitious and determined to get all you can out of life.

You tend to be restless and extroverted, so sometimes you are shocked when someone points out one of your shortcomings. You’re a confident go-getter who is often the life of the party.

Someone who picks a red car is saying to the world that they have “something impressive to show you. [It’s] the freeway equivalent of an exhibitionist,” says Marcie Cooperman, a professor of color theory at Parsons The New School for Design in New York City.

GRAY
If you have a gray car, you know there’s a difference between silver and gray.
“The gray car driver doesn’t want to stand out,” Marcie Cooperman says. “And between silver and gray, the latter is more nondescript. Gray doesn’t need (or want) to be as flashy as silver, projecting more dignity, tradition, and maturity.”
You care less about status and more about the status quo.
Gray is also the color of caution and compromise. You’d prefer life to run on an even keel rather than with big ups and downs.

SILVER
If you like a silver car, you’re practical, innovative, business-savvy, and have good taste.
The neutral color camouflages dirt on the car, which is great for your busy lifestyle. You most likely enjoy your job or field of work, but you do have a tendency to work a little too hard.
Unlike gray, a silver car has a metallic gleam that resembles stainless steel appliances and modern technology, which is an indicator of someone who is sophisticated. Basically, the classic color looks sleek — just like you.
“A silver car color indicates that you’re a high-class lady or gentleman with an eye on the upscale,” environmental psychologist, Sally Augustin says. “Your status is higher in the world, and you’re not afraid to show it.”

BLUE
If you have a blue car it doesn’t necessarily mean you have a case of the blues. Rather, blue cars act as a tiny bit of sunny sky on an otherwise gray and bleak highway or street.

If you own a blue car, you are compassionate, optimistic, stable, honest, and serene. You like to be admired for strong sense of self and wisdom.
Sally Augustin points out that “the minivan mom may choose blue, which projects a nice, stable family appearance.”
Although you may be suspicious of flamboyant behavior, you are introspective and sensitive enough to try to find common ground with someone you may not relate to at first.

GREEN
If you have a green car, you have a very strong sense of self and don’t care what others think of you.
According to Marcie Cooperman, green cars’ popularity “peaked in the 1990s and now we’re in the midst of a backlash against green, with fewer green cars in showrooms and on the road.”

This means that you don’t feel it’s necessary to keep up with trends and like to march to the beat of your own drummer.
Green is also closely associated with nature, so you may pull over when you see a beautiful landscape — and you’d like to fill your car with more environmentally-friendly fuel.
You’re gentle and patient, but your peace-loving nature does tempt others to take advantage of you sometimes.

BROWN/BEIGE
If your car is brown or beige, you are down-to-earth, thrifty, and honest — though sometimes you do tend to put your foot in your mouth.

You prefer a car that will run well and last a long time, rather than a flashy number adorned with a leather interior and flashy gadgets.
“Someone who prefers brown doesn’t really want to buy anything new,” Marcie Cooperman says. “He just wants to live his life. He doesn’t care about style and might keep a car until it drops.”

YELLOW/GOLD
Yellow and gold are the colors of joy and happiness. So if this is your car’s color, you definitely live by the mantra, “Don’t worry, be happy.”

You are imaginative, wise, have a good sense of humor, and a great mind for business.
You may also be young — or young at heart. “Kids in their 20s like brighter colors and welcome trends and color,” says Marcie Cooperman. They like small, bolder shapes and vivid hues. “Bright color doesn’t feel like a risk to them.”

ORANGE
Orange may seem like a whacky color for a car, but if your ride is this hue it means you’re comfortable with value and saving money.

If you’re driving an orange car, you’re saying to the world, “I do a good job of minding my money,” Augustin says. You’re also saying, “Look world, I saved a lot of money for this head-turner!”

You’d rather invest your money (like in a good car with a little bit of flash) than pamper yourself.
You’re also not afraid to go against the tide when it comes to things you like. Orange is the least popular car color in the United States — but you don’t care!

BLACK
When we think of adorning ourselves in black, we often think of black-tie dinners and cocktail dresses. It is a color of luxury and sophistication.

If your car is black, you are dignified and striking without being showy. You want to give the appearance of mystery, but you may be longing for more depth in your life. Yet, you are still timeless, important, and always in control.
“Black is a power color, for sure,” Cooperman says.

WHITE
White is associated with honesty and purity. If your car is white, you have taste and elegance and strive for perfection. Yet sometimes you find yourself longing for a more simple life.

If you’re driving a white car, you want to present a fresh, young, modern face to the outside world, says Augustin. She points to contemporary brands, like Apple, that use white to convey freshness and modernity.

Custom Colors
Just like your car, you are one-of-a-kind. You don’t care about passing fads and trends, but prefer to focus on the quality, make, or model of your car.

Perhaps you customized your car or remodeled a classic that dons a color that is no longer en vogue.
Whatever the reason, there is one thing that is abundantly clear — you love your car as much as you like making something completely your own.
TISE.... Image
Life is what you make of it .
If it don't fit make alterations .
Just because the road is rocky doesn't mean your spirits should get rocky, too.{Crazy Cora}
LadyDraco

Re: What The Color Of Your Vehicle Says About Your Personal

Postby GrouchyGeezer » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:37 pm

DIRT

My truck is dirty.
My motorcycle is dirty.

Hey, I live on a dirt road! It's, at least, a mile and a half to the nearest pavement.

I'm a person of the earth. A rock solid individual who doesn't mind being underfoot. A foundation type personality who gets kinda shitty when wet. Smells a bit off in the Spring, but is always there, somewhere.
Made it ma! Top of the world!
GrouchyGeezer

Postby Delicate Snowflake » Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:27 pm

Hmmm... my last car (Jeep TJ soft-top) was Gold.

My current car is a Red Fiat 500s.

Next will be an Abarth (if this one ever dies), in Blue.

What does this all mean? :dontknow
Delicate Snowflake

Postby diogenes009 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:26 am

As I read this I was thinking back through all the vehicles I have owned. I can't think of any where color was part of the purchase decision process.

The only new car I ever bought was green and I bought it sight unseen as a left over 1992 model on a dealers lot a hundred miles away. I was surprised by the shade when I went to pick it up. I still have it.

What does it say about you if you couldn't give a crap what color the vehicle is? I wouldn't buy a pink or purple vehicle, but I have driven a purple one and even a zebra striped one for extended periods... :dontknow
Big Government and Big Business are both very bad for freedom.
diogenes009

Postby LadyDraco » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:25 am

Well lets see ..
1 bike is Green/silver (Honda)
2 black bikes (Honda's)
1 bike black and custom colour (Honda)
1 green /white truck (GMC)
1 sandy gold truck (GMC)
1 black truck (Toyota)
1 black/red bike (Honda)
1 green dump truck (ford)

In the past .
1 brown car (dodge)
1 white/dk silver truck (jeep)
1 blue truck (chevy)
1 green dumptruck (gmc)
1 red bike (Honda)
1 maroon bike (Honda)
1 black bike (Honda)
1 blue/silver (Honda)
1 red/black (kaw)
1 silver (Porsche)

So what does this say about me and mate :eek
We have NEVER bought anything cause WE liked the colour !
TISE.... Image
Just because the road is rocky doesn't mean your spirits should get rocky, too.{Crazy Cora}
LadyDraco

Postby Delicate Snowflake » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:26 am

LadyDraco wrote:So what does this say about me and mate :eek

That you'll try anything once? :dontknow

Be careful... Doc is probably sending you + hubby an invite :lol8
Delicate Snowflake

Postby drlewall » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:32 am

When I lived in town, my vehicles were SPOTLESS! Now that I have 4 miles of dirt road to pavement, that is moot.

I love a white vehicle, I have a white 1 ton, a green wrangler and a red nissan...I am complex and unpredictable!

:doc
lifes simplest of pleasures are such a burden to many
drlewall

Postby LadyDraco » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:37 am

OK what about the colour of ya'lls bikes !!!
TISE.... Image
LadyDraco

Postby Delicate Snowflake » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:41 am

LadyDraco wrote:OK what about the colour of ya'lls bikes !!!

Blue & White :wings
Delicate Snowflake

Postby Camp Director » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:46 am

One red and one primer.
Camp Director
Site Admin

Postby drlewall » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:16 am

The XR is White with a red seat :letsfide
drlewall

Postby GrouchyGeezer » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:08 am

The BMW's color is called "Triple Black". I have taken it a little further by painting a number of the trim pieces satin black. It shows off the dust from the dirt roads soooo much better now.
Made it ma! Top of the world!
GrouchyGeezer

Postby Steelb12 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:49 am

Steelb12

Postby JimVonBaden » Sun Mar 05, 2017 9:14 pm

BLACK
When we think of adorning ourselves in black, we often think of black-tie dinners and cocktail dresses. It is a color of luxury and sophistication.

If your car is black, you are dignified and striking without being showy. You want to give the appearance of mystery, but you may be longing for more depth in your life. Yet, you are still timeless, important, and always in control.
“Black is a power color, for sure,” Cooperman says.

Two black cars and a black motorcycle.

Jim :jvb
Professional pain in the ass.
JimVonBaden

Postby drlewall » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:44 am

After working in the mortuary and washing the limo and coach EVERY FUCKIN DAY, I vowed to NEVER own a black vehicle.. :lol8
drlewall

Postby Shunka » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:51 pm

I had one red car, my first brand new car at 21, the rest have all been a grey truck.
Shunka

Postby Dirigo » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Grey Truck, Grey DR, Green Triumph. Red cars/SUVs and Black & Purple Harley.for Mrs. Dirigo
Dirigo

Postby MrKiwi » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:05 am

I like red cars.

And blue cars...

And hello sports cars...

And red, white and blue (tri-color)on bikes
MrKiwi

Return to Camp Activities