New Router

Do something!

New Router

Postby campfire » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:17 pm

So the old computer seemed to be getting s l o w and I thought it was just technology getting old, but my whole home network was slow. Changed out wireless routers and had a slight improvement. Yeah, I tried a old used wireless router I had sitting around on the garage shelf............... (I own a KLR, whad'a expect)
That one started acting up and I've had enough. Went out and bout a new mid-grade router and WHOA!

96.4 MBPS now on the main house computer hard wired, and 38.9 MBPS wireless on the iPad and laptop.

All those YouTube videos don't skip and refresh anymore!
campfire

Re: New Router

Postby LadyDraco » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:54 pm

Cool ..... I'm so glad to hear that the router is what makes things slow down to a crawl .

Our Belkin router is getting wiggy..
And getting very slow .. It's only 3yrs old.

Our Hughes Net , has offered me a free up grade with the modem and router in one..
I think I'll take them up on it..
TISE.... Image
Life is what you make of it .
If it don't fit make alterations .
Just because the road is rocky doesn't mean your spirits should get rocky, too.{Crazy Cora}
LadyDraco

Re: New Router

Postby drlewall » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:52 pm

the new generation of routers are AC class...N class is still very much in use..G class is outdated..if you update to the new faster AC class but your pooter at home has a N class card in it, you will not get data any quicker than what you have installed..my little mac here is a N class card and my router is also an N so they are compatible. Its my ISP that sux.. :wall
lifes simplest of pleasures are such a burden to many
drlewall

Return to Camp Activities