What Ails you?

Do something!

What Ails you?

Postby drlewall » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:31 am

This belongs here in camp activities as trying to get around when you have a busted up wing is a challenge and a activity..so, without violating any HIPPA laws, what is your issue? :DirtDOG

Most of mine are from when I raced MX..lottsa scars and a limp to prove it.. :wall
lifes simplest of pleasures are such a burden to many
drlewall

Re: What Ails you?

Postby LadyDraco » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:51 am

90% of mine are from horses...

That includes 8 broken noses ; 6 with horses ... I did #8 here on this farm with a 5 gal jug..
No not that kind of jug :LadyDraco ~ a blue clear one ... :lol8
I was tossing them over a railing and it bounced right back in to my face.. :fp
HB watch me re - set my nose ... :eek

Mom learned to set my nose after the 2nd time... The very first one was in a car accident ...

I have a bad knee , yuppers a horse...Kicked me hard ; On one of our pack-trips that we use to do .
We took dudes out for 3 or 5 days ....

I keep adding more :lol8
TISE.... Image
Life is what you make of it .
If it don't fit make alterations .
Just because the road is rocky doesn't mean your spirits should get rocky, too.{Crazy Cora}
LadyDraco

Postby Delicate Snowflake » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:10 am

LadyDraco wrote: On one of our pack-trips that we use to do .
We took dudes out for 3 or 5 days ....

Some of those trips must have seemed like the movie “city slickers” ?

You must have some good stories from those groups :lurker
Delicate Snowflake

Postby LadyDraco » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:12 am

Delicate Snowflake wrote:
Some of those trips must have seemed like the movie “city slickers” ?

You must have some good stories from those groups :lurker

Oh my gosh yes !!! :Snork
TISE.... Image
Life is what you make of it .
If it don't fit make alterations .
Just because the road is rocky doesn't mean your spirits should get rocky, too.{Crazy Cora}
LadyDraco

Postby drlewall » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:16 am

What I learned about horses as a young child is, you don't ride ANYTHING that has a mind of its own without it's permission!
drlewall

Postby MrKiwi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:38 pm

drlewall wrote:What I learned about horses as a young child is, you don't ride ANYTHING that has a mind of its own without it's permission!

That is for sure. I used to ride bare back most of the time as a kid and there were quite a few times where one of the horses from full gallop would decide to suddenly stop. And I mean suddenly stop. I would end up going right over its head, more often than not landing on my back winding myself until I learned to anticipate and do a forward roll!
MrKiwi

Postby MrKiwi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:43 pm

As for ails, I have a long list from cycle racing (pushbikes), mountaineering and rock climbing. Knees, elbow and back. Here's a pic from riding my push bike (no longer racing when this was taken) and a car deciding to turn in front of riders. I was at the head of the queue and I was wearing a very good helmet at the time, woke up in the back of an ambulance. This required a nose set as well...

MrKiwi

Postby drlewall » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:29 pm

never should have had that cleaned up and fixt...LQQKs good on ya... :lol8

:peepwall
drlewall

Postby drlewall » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:37 pm

tore my right knee up in OCT 1975....Dr said that I could get some use from it but as I age, it would get worse..he was right, it has. About 4 yrs ago, I felt a pop in it and from then to now, I can't bend it like I was able to. Putting socks on is quite the challenge! Went to a Ortho surgeon last year to see if maybe I can get me one of them fan-dangled all metal knees. Told him my history of being on anticoagulants most of my life and having a 6 way bypass 2 yrs ago, he told me that there was no way he was gonna even consider cutting on me. I was not a good candidate.. :wall

So I keep a cane handy..dont need one to walk with, but sometimes I just need a little steadiness...

I played hard when I was younger and I am paying for it now, and yet I have ZERO regrets..I knew the risks and I took em.
drlewall

Postby drlewall » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:40 pm

Flu shots anyone?

I have not had a flu shot in years...and it has been years since I last had the flu..any of you FFs take the flu shot yet this year?
drlewall

Postby MrKiwi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:03 pm

drlewall wrote:Flu shots anyone?

I have not had a flu shot in years...and it has been years since I last had the flu..any of you FFs take the flu shot yet this year?

Yep and then I got the flu - I thought that is what they were for :Augie
MrKiwi

Postby MrKiwi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:14 pm

A not so serious injury, but it still required to have me helicoptered out of the hills, involved a pot of boiling water. This incident created all sorts of fun for my friends post the event, although it was treated seriously at the time.

A club I belonged to at the time owned several back country huts and I was leading a an annual maintenance work party to one high in the local hills. We had hiked in the night before and I had the boys and girls working early. Around 9:30am I went inside to boil up a pot of water to make a billy of tea. Just as the pot was boiling on the primus one of the others came in and accidently knocked something (can't remember what it was now) over on the table which knocked over something else creating a chain event. At the end of the chain event was me sitting on a chair next to a pot of boiling water realising not soon enough that this pot was about to be knocked over. Too late, as I began to rise out of the chair to escape the whole pot of water fell into my lap.

Want ensued next must of looked very funny, as I screamed, tearing off my shorts and running rapidly outside with nothing on but a t-shirt into the cold tarn (small lake) right next to the hut. Well the boys and girls thought this was hilarious but it soon dawned on them as I went into shock that this was no laughing matter, well not at this point anyway.

One of the group ran down hill to raise the alarm (before the days of cell phones and that is not all that long ago) and a copter came in to take me to a hospital. The hilarity didn't stop here either as the doctors came and inspected me wondering how to banded the boiled sausage.

This incident remains in the club's folklore to this day - boiled savloys (red skinned sausage) is the in-joke. I haven't been a member of the club for 15 years but I hear the story is still being told at the annual work parties to this hut! Famous for all the wrong reasons...
MrKiwi

Postby Delicate Snowflake » Wed Dec 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Hmmm... wiener out, shorts off, running around near the guys/gals, boiling water on your bits, skinny-dipping in the cold lake...

That could have come straight out of one of Doc’s shindigs...

Maybe you two are long-lost cousins?

:yelrotflmao
Delicate Snowflake

Postby drlewall » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Delicate Snowflake wrote:Hmmm... wiener out, shorts off, running around near the guys/gals, boiling water on your bits, skinny-dipping in the cold lake...

That could have come straight out of one of Doc’s shindigs...

Maybe you two are long-lost cousins?

had I been there, I would have treated it like a snake bite looking for volunteers to suck out the poison... :ImaPoser
drlewall

Postby MrKiwi » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:31 pm

MrKiwi

Postby Delicate Snowflake » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:40 am

My 'ailments' all stem from one incident, plus the impact of years of being a fat bastard with leg injuries.

I managed to get hit by a drunk unlicenced driver in a van, I was on my bike.

Broke the little bones in my neck, so I was in bed (traction?) for a while. I was lucky. The drunk prick took my helmet off, threw it away, tried to tell the cops I had no helmet...

The bones in my hand (meta tarsels or carpels or something) all split in the centre down their length, the hand folded over backwards to sit on the forearm. None of those bones are right even today, lots of pointy bone spikes, the thumb has a 45 degree kink in one place. Had many operations on the hand trying to fix it, usually rebreaking the bones under anaesthetic then attempting to put them right.

Broke the left wrist in two places. Couldn't rotate my left forearm for 15 years (more later). It was a bugger to collect change in a shop, it would just fall right out.

Right leg; snapped the femur, the two bits stuck out through the side of my leg. Pinned inside the bone with a k-nail, now have a great scar from knee to hip from that one. That's the knee with trouble now. Docs told me way back then I would have fun with the knee.

Closed head injury. Prescription painkillers for many months for that one. Could have been much worse.

The physio, omg... daily for a few months after hospital, hurt a lot more than the bone breaks did (!).
Delicate Snowflake

Postby drlewall » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:37 am

yep I thought so..you are fucked up!

:lol8
drlewall

Postby Delicate Snowflake » Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:31 am

drlewall wrote:yep I thought so..you are fucked up!

:lol8

:thumb
Delicate Snowflake

Postby drlewall » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:23 pm

welp..I am SICK...took car in today for a LoF and they had found that a varmint had chewed thru my wiring harness in a couple of spots..they want $3000 to fix it...I am sick about it.. :wall
drlewall

Postby Delicate Snowflake » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:36 pm

drlewall wrote:welp..I am SICK...took car in today for a LoF and they had found that a varmint had chewed thru my wiring harness in a couple of spots..they want $3000 to fix it...I am sick about it.. :wall

I know exactly how you feel :Rogue

My Jeep wiring harness died (similar price to yours to fix it)... my Fiat wiring is a joke... and my Scrambler wiring loom was cut through by some bastard thief who failed at hot-wiring the bike so took his revenge...
Delicate Snowflake

Next

Return to Camp Activities